Translate

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Google Translate - putting translators out of business

Some readers may know of my fondness for Google Translate. As a free tool, it is remarkably clever and accurate. It translates better than a lot of the human translators my editor Denis has seen anyway. So I decided to add a Google Translate widget to my blog. For all you polyglots out there, I was very impressed with its French and German translations of yesterday's statement "to go along with breaking my Indian duck earlier today, I have now also popped my Argentinian cherry":

"zu gehen zusammen mit indischen Ente bricht mir heute früh, ich habe jetzt auch einen Druckausgleich in meinen argentinischen Kirsche"


"pour aller avec mon canard briser les Indiens plus tôt aujourd'hui, j'ai maintenant aussi sauté ma cerise argentine"

I'd just love it if Germans, upon losing their virginity, stood up and announced to the world with pride "ich habe einen Druckausgleich in meiner Kirsche." (I have pressure equalisation in my cherry)
 
Google also has a Translate for Animals app

No comments:

Post a Comment